"Breast cancer care"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital / General surgery St James's University Hospital / Radiotherapy

After being diagnosed with breast cancer, I had my operation at Pinderfields in Wakefield, followed by radiotherapy at St James, Leeds.

The care throughout has been wonderful. I have been treated like a human being not just 'another patient to be dealt with'. Not once did the radiotherapists fail to greet me by my first name and ask how I was, despite the pressure they are working under.

I have been helped to access a wide range of aftercare (provided by Macmillan Cancer Support) that I wasn't aware of. It's still horrid having cancer but all the people I've met at both hospitals have made it seem bearable and beatable.

Response from Paul Jepson, Patient Liaison Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Feeling Grateful

We very much appreciate your kind comments and are pleased that we have been able to offer support at an incredibly difficult and stressful time for you and your family.

With all good wishes...

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Feelking Grateful

Thank you for your feedback on your experience of the Radiothepary department at St James's Hospital. We appreciate the time you have taken to do this. Your comments are valued and have been passed to the department concerned.

With kind regards

• Feeling Grateful thinks this response is helpful

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We appreciate the tremendous strain and anxiety associated with cancer treatment and this makes the lovely feedback you have provided even more special. Thank you very much indeed; we wish you well with your care.