"My husband was transferred from ..."

About: Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital

My husband was transferred from Hereford General hospital by air ambulance to the Spinal Injuries Unit, where he stayed for three and a half weeks. From his arrival, I cannot fault the care and attention he (and myself) received from all members of the team.

His consultant kept us both informed of the situation constantly and our questions dealt with seriously.

The whole team was amazing; from tea ladies and cleaners through nursing staff, doctors and consultant.

He was treated with kindness and dignity throughout his treatment.

My husband is now recovering at home in a Minerva cast and both of us are truly grateful to the Spinal Injuries Unit. We feel privileged to have used the facility. Thank you all for everything you do and have done.

Response from Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital

We aim to provide high quality services for all our patients and the Trust is pleased to hear that your experience was so positive.

We will pass on your comments to the relevant department.

In 2007, the Trust was named the best hospital in the country by its patients in the national Healthcare Commission Inpatient Survey. This is an achievement we are very proud of and work to retain.