"Elective orthopaedic surgery"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I would like to sincerely thank the consultant, OT staff and ward 36 (Orthopaedics) for their excellent care after having a knee replacement operation. The staff were very helpful and professional and nothing was too much trouble for them, trying to keep patients as cheerful as possible. Staff discussed things about the care with me and acted on what was discussed. I would not hesitate to recommend the staff and hospital for their services during this painful period for me. My only grumble was having to attend Physio dept 1, in the old part of the hospital for the first time after the op,it was a hell of a struggle to walk down a long corridor (no wheel chair availb) especially a week after the op and when I finally made it there there were 7/8 steep steps to contend with as the small lift for the disabled was out of order,by the time I got to the appt I was exhausted and slightly late. However,I would like to thank the staff for their help and understanding of my plight. I started to attend the knee clinic run on a Wednesday morning,which aided my recovery and expedited my return back to work,so a big thanks.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post your comment and we wish you well with your ongoing recovery. We’ll ensure we pass these comments onto the relevant members of staff and are pleased you received such a good service. We’ll also ensure that we take note of your comments about the location of the clinic and build this feedback into our future planning work.