"The radiologist conducting my ..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

The radiologist conducting my MRI was friendly and helpful, and the department was clean, well-lit and pleasant; it seemed like a private hospital.

On leaving the MRI department I was told to book a follow-up appointment with the referring consultant at the Outpatients reception. The woman there told me she'd "never heard of him," and when I explained I'd originally seen the consultant at another PAH hospital, she told me to phone them. She didn't even give me a phone number.

Parking was completely abysmal. People had parked on grass verges and 'no parking' zones. Luckily I had arrived quite early, and had no problems walking, because I ended up parking in the public car park and walking to and from the hospital: about ten minutes each way, crossing main roads and roundabouts.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

At The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust we strive to provide the best possible care and to meet the expectations of all of our patients.

Parking has improved, although we know that we need to continue to improve this area of our patients' experience.

It has been some time since you had this experience in November 2008 with the clerk at the desk on leaving, however we would still be keen to speak to you.

In any case, if you need any help with your care or feel you have any questions which remain unanswered, please call us on 01279 827084.