"Nurse not respecting privacy"

About: Nottingham West / Community nursing

Having had a extremely helpful, caring and lovely male nurse look after me for a very long time, he was also the only one I felt comfortable opening up to regarding issues, this included personal life due to my "mental state" given I was having a rough time.

Another nurse at the time, found it wise to try and get into my personal life, then when I gave a slight inkling into it, and how it had changed, she then had the audacity to complain to my usual nurse who was simply respecting my confidentiality for not telling her! I find that highly disturbing and also disgusting.

I open up to a nurse of my choice, a friend and another one comes along and complains to him for not telling her the details. If I wanted her to know I would of told her! I almost feel violated.

Response from Debra Tyler, Clinical Lead Adult Services, Nottingham West Locality, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for your comments, we sorry to hear of your recent experience. In view of your comments, I will investigate further to ensure a full response.

Please accept our apologies for the experience you had with our service. We would like to give you the opportunity to discuss further and resolve any concerns you have. In order for us to do this I would invite you to contact me. You are able to get our direct contact details by telephoning 01623 673849 or e mailing customer.relations@nottshc.nhs.uk