"Prostate Biopsy"

About: Leeds General Infirmary / General medicine

This was my second round of biopsy procedure - 2 years after my first, and, as I am aware of the procedure was not relishing the appointment. I arrived early and was met be the pleasant nurse and taken through into the radiology theatre. What a difference!

I was met by the radiologist sonographer Duncan Hewitson who immediately put me at ease and very efficiently, slowly and concisely, took me through all the activity I would undergo within the procedure.

It was lighthearted without any flippancy and the whole experience was much less worrying and clinical. The conversation we had certainly distracted me from what I believed was going to be as cold and clinical as the previous time had, had. Dominic carried out the procedure perfectly while I was oblivious of the invasiveness of what he was doing. After the first time it took me some time to come round from the effects, this time a nice cup of tea and I was off! Thank you to all the staff involved.

Thanks to all the staff

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback on your experience of a biopsy procedure at LGI. We appreciate the time you have taken to do this. Your comments are valued and have been passed to the department concerned.

With kind regards