"Waiting time and outpatient clinic"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Had to wait over an hour from the allocated appointment time. Some people within the waiting room were over two hours! This was due to patient notes going a miss, which I find alarming!

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Lucky123

Thank you for using Patient Opinion to get in touch with us.

I am really sorry that you had to wait for more than an hour from your allocated appointment time to be seen. If it had been me, I would have felt really frustrated, which I am sure you did too.

I can understand why you found it alarming that the reason for the long wait was due to patient notes going a miss.

It would be really helpful for us to know what clinic it was that you attended at University Hospital Crosshouse and the date of your appointment. I appreciate you may not want to post this on Patient Opinion, I would be pleased to hear from you by email kate.macdonald@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or by phone 01292 513607.

In the meantime I will be sending your posting on to the Health Care Mananger who covers Trauma and Orthopaedics.

Please accept my apologies again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kate