"took my 3 years old daughter to children's A&E"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I took my daughter to the children s A&E as she had been having convultions and had a high temp that wouldnt ease off at home, when we got there it was 10 minutes before I got some attention at the reception desk, after that we waited half an hour just for her to be checked in the assessment room this I thaught was unnecessary as we were the only ones waiting, after this we was waiting a further hour and fifteen minutes just for them to send her home with a temp of 38.9, was so unsatisfied that the day after I took her to the G.P where we was told she had a severe case of tonsillitis and even the G.P couldn't believe they had just sent her home in that state!

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

It is always worrying when your child is not well so I’m sorry you were not satisfied with your daughter’s recent visit to the children’s A and E department. Sometimes the reason for delay is not always apparent to visitors and patients – it could be that our staff were dealing with something more urgent or had been called away to deal with something elsewhere. Without further detail I’m afraid I can’t say what was happening when you and your daughter attended. If you would like to discuss it further please contact me on 01204 390822. Sue Franklin, Operational Business Manager, A and E.