"Exceptional care"

About: Basildon University Hospital

On the 11th February 2014, I was taken by ambulance to the A&E department after suffering a heart attack. After being accessed, I was admitted onto the Acute Medical Unit East ward, where I was closely monitored until being transferred onto the James Mackenzie ward, which specialises in acute cardiac problems. After being taken onto the Roding ward at the Essex Cardiothoracic Centre I underwent an angiogram procedure. I went home on the 17th February. • Every step of my journey I was treated with dignity & the utmost professionalism by all staff. • Spotlessly clean • Good choice of food on daily menu • The medical staff knew that I was extremely nervous about having an angiogram. During the entire operation they spoke to me and filled me with confidence. • After my experience I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Essex Cardiothoracic Centre/Basildon University Hospital. Please pass on my sincere thanks to all concerned.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are pleased that your recent experience of care within the various departments you mentioned within Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the staff within the departments highlighted. Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us.