"Full confidence in the service of the paramedic"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I was feeling faint and passed out while at work - as my hip gave me a sudden very bad pain. My colleague was great and called the 999 number and a paramedic came.

He was really great - took plenty of time - checking my blood pressure - which he thought was low - so he contacted my GP, chatted to them, and stayed with me until he could see that I was fine, taking my blood pressure again and an ECG.

I felt full confidence in him and was very grateful that because he was able to spend time with me, I didn't have to go off to A&E.

Dear Dory

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I hope you are feeling much better.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need it most.

I would like to pass on your kind words to the Paramedic who came to your aid. To do this I will need to know the date and address that he attended. Could you please contact me, at your convenience, at laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk?