"All the staff were brilliant throughout my wife's chemotherapy"

About: Bassetlaw Hospital / General surgery Doncaster Royal Infirmary / Oncology Weston Park Hospital

My wife found a lump on he breast bone in early December 2012, her GP refereed her to Bassetlaw Breast Clinic and was seen exactly a week after her GP appointment.

Tests were carried out at bassetlaw and the results were given 2 days later which were positive for breast cancer. She had an appointment a week later for day surgery which thankfully went very well.

In early January she started chemo at Doncaster Royal, all the staff there were brilliant throughout my wife's 3 months of chemo treatment.

After that she had three weeks of Radiotherapy at Weston park which finished in early July 2013.

I cant praise all who looked after her enough. Thank You

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments on the care provided to your wife by staff at Weston Park Hospital.

Staff always welcome positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to those involved.

Thank you again.