"Horrendous treatment by receptionists."

About: Northwick Park Hospital

There are 3 receptionists in particular that I'm referring to. These receptionists in Northwick Park A&E are absolutely appalling. They're rude, they tap the desk to get your attention, they tut at you, laugh at you if you don't understand the question and much more. Other than this, the doctors and nurses were great. However the receptionists don't seem to realise, we're all in the waiting room because we or a family/friend are in pain. We don't appreciate the experience of being in hospital, becoming worse for absolutely no reason. Whilst I was in the waiting room, a passed out Romanian woman came in cradled in a man's arms. The receptionist tried to ignore it, then finally got up to get a wheelchair and got so angry because the poor girls sister couldn't speak English. You can imagine the embarrassment in the waiting room as we watched the horrific care of this poor girl's sister. I'm just so shocked by it all. While I'm here I might as well mention that my blood was taken in the corridor on a moveable stand and my post examination for my legs was given in an eye examination room.

Response from Northwick Park Hospital

We were sorry to learn of your experiences. Your feedback will be passed on to the relevant managers so that they can take appropriate action. If you would like to raise your concerns with the Trust formally you can do so via email to nwlh-tr.patientrelations@nhs.net or in writing to the Chief Executive, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3UJ.