"Day Surgery at Ashford Hospital, Middlesex 15th..."

About: Ashford Hospital

It says something about the confidence that I have in my colleagues that I asked my GP to refer me to the Trust where I work when I developed a right inguinal hernia in August 2013. I took my turn for an outpatient appointment & after he had examined me the surgeon explained everything very clearly, including options & outcomes. I was then asked when I would like the operation & an open hernia repair with mesh was carried out as a Day case on 15th Jan. From the preassessment nurse at SPH to the theatre staff & recovery staff at Ashford everyone was friendly, kind, gentle,calm & highly professional. I had remarkably little pain after the op & the wound has healed nicely. I am really chuffed with the quality of the service that I received. Long live the NHS!

Response from Ashford Hospital

Dear Clive Grundy, Thank you for your lovely post. We are delighted to hear from a member of our own staff about your care as one of our patients too. I am sure you have already thanked the staff involved, but we will also pass on your kind comments to the team.