"The speed in which I was treated, ..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

The speed in which I was treated, the patient care that was provided by all the staff ..and the surgeons thorough explanation of the procedure..and the ease every one makes you feel. I am putting a big thumbs up for the cleanliness of B1 Ward and its staff...and the care and attention that was given to me.

I found it wasn't so much the hospital it was mainly visitors that didnt seem to care about the rules of the hospital...handwashing ....the staff and I as a patient was always using the bacterial handwash provided...The visitors didn't seem to be a strict...maybe this could be enforced more..

I hope this email goes next to all the bad reports we keep hearing about hospitals in the press ...and let people know that it is safe to go into hospital and that the general public should play a big part in their cleanliness to keep the standards of the hospital at its peak condition.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

Thank you for your comments. You are quite correct in saying that good hygiene relies on efforts by both hospital staff and visitors. We have worked hard to ensure that we have clear advice on how to help readily avialble, and we'll be keeping these efforts up. We're pleased that you felt well-cared for too.