"The ward in lincoln wing was ..."

About: St James's University Hospital

The ward in lincoln wing was cleaned reguarly by friendly housekeepers. Staff knowledgable on the condition for which I was admitted. Doctors and nursing staff on the ward were all friendly.

Care in casualty, left for 4 hours without treatment it was very scary and I would be very reluctant to go back there. Staff were unfriendly and sometimes rude. I saw a nurse on admission then no one came near me for 4 hours!

My first admission here the ward was great but casualty was not I will be seeking alternative arrangements should I need a and e in the future.

Response from Heather Simpson

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at St James Hospital. I am pleased to hear that the housekeeping and staff on the ward were all friendly. I will pass on your comments regarding service improvements to the Patient Relations Manager at St James Hospital.

Response from St James's University Hospital

Thank you for letting us know what you thought about your treatment. We are sorry that it did not match your expectations. We have made very significant improvements in the time we take to see patients in A&E and around 98% are seen within 4 hours. This figure includes patients seen at very busy times and in fact most people are seen much more quickly.

If you would like us to look into the problems you experienced please e-mail the Patient Relations department at patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk or write to

Patient Relations