"Parking Eye Scam"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Living up near Wylam I was advised by Hexham hospital to use NTGH as i could get my MRI scan quicker. My appointment was at 17:30 on a Sunday evening so as it was a Sunday attended over an hour earlier. Noticing the car park was literally empty i pulled up at16:20 iinto the hospital grounds. I didnt get out of my car as i was over 1 hour early so sat in it and didnt purchase a ticket. At 16:53 i moved my car to a housing estate 5 minutes down the road as i knew i still had plenty of time to walk back for my appointment. Today i have recieved a letter from the company ParkingEye that uses number plate recognition for people driving in and out of the hospital to say i had not bught a ticket. I had not bought a ticket as i never left the vehicle and then parked elsewhere. To anyone who comes to this hospital beware as this is a big scam and totally inappropriate parking system for a hospital. I await response from someone as i am outraged before looking into the legalities of this. Also - in department visited you need an other option... i was having an MRI.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir / Madam, I was sorry to hear of your frustrations on receiving a penalty from Parking Eye - I'd be very grateful if you would get in touch with me directly to see if there's anything I can do to help. My email is annie.laverty@nhct.nhs.uk Many thanks, Annie

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,