About: Kingston Hospital

Some years ago I wrote to complain about patients' treatment, citing lack of communication as the main fault. Subsequent visits were no better. BUT yesterday ,1st February , I found a transformed service, I was treated like an intelligent human being instead of a nuisance. I was informed at every stage what was intended to be done and frequently asked if that was all right.. All the staff smiled and I smiled back. The charming doctor spoke excellent English and addressed me at all times with courtesy and consideration - and this was true of all the nurses, the porter and the volunteer I met in the 6 hours I was in A&E. When I left of my own volitioin after all the tests had proved negative, I was urged to come back if I had any worries by the doctor who had taken over at 6 o;clock. At 77 years of age people sometimes treat me like an amiable idiot, but this was certainly not my experience this time. I would be grateful if these compliments could be passed on to the Head of A&E, and, of course, to the staff concerned.

Response from Kingston Hospital

That's really good to hear and we will make sure the team in A&E receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to post a comment.