"Blood Test Waiting"

About: Hythe Hospital

I went for a blood test today only to discover a minimum wait of 90 minutes. It was hard enough getting an appointment before but since it returned to being walk-in, it has become chaotic. One man I spoke to has tried for two days running. I ended up leaving and will try in the morning. We need more nurses to cope with the numbers.

Response from Jane Tibble, Complaints and PALS Officer, Complaints and PALS, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ms Dempsey,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to feedback to us about your concerns relating to the blood test service. This has been passed on to the Manager of the service and I thank you for letting us know. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact Complaints and PALS on 02380 874065.

Jane Tibble

Complaints and PALS Officer

Response from Hythe Hospital

I am really sorry to hear about your experience with phlebotomy at Hythe Hospital and have passed your comments on to the manager of the service. If you would like to discuss this further please contact Complaints and PALS on 02380 874065. Kind regards Complaints and PALS