"I am disgusted"

About: Basildon University Hospital

i have severe eczema and i have had 3 appointments cancelled by the hospital and have waited over a year to be seen, and the most recent appointment (29.01.2014) i was supposed to have has yet again been cancelled. I am suffering and very uncomfortable and sore. The thing that i find ridiculous is that the last excuse for the appointment being cancelled is that the doctor will not be in as he is not well, thats all well and good except my appointment was on the wednesday and they called me on the monday to inform me of this. I want this sorted as they are now telling me i have to wait until July to be seen, when i should have an open 6 monthly appointment.....which has never happened.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with the scheduling of your Dermatology appointments at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Your comments have been shared with the department concerned. Can we also encourage you to contact the Patient, Advice and Liaison Service on pals@btuh.nhs.uk or 01268 524900 ext 4441.