"John Eastwood Hospice has changed my life"

About: John Eastwood Hospice, in care

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I am a volunteer at the hospice, and it has changed my life. My sister had cancer a few years ago and seeing the difference a hospice made to her care made me approach the hospice to volunteer.

The friends I have made, and the sense of caring and compassion I find is amazing. I love being with people who do appreciate the time we have together.

This hospice is an amazing place for staff, volunteers and people who need our care.

Response from Emma Roberts, Head of Specialist Palliative Services, John Eastwood Hospice and Bassetlaw Hospice, County Health Partnerships

Thankyou for sharing your story - I will share your kind words with the team here at John Eastwood Hospice.

Your story is very inspirational and really shows how the work at the hospice can change people's lives even though they themselves may be experiencing a harrowing time due to illness affecting a close relative or friend.

We endeavour to provide a compassionate environment to care for people suffering from disease and their families and friends. The volunteers are vital in enabling the clincial team to be able to provide high qulaity compassionate care.

Many thanks for your continued support!