"Haematuria One Stop Service"

About: Derriford Hospital / Urology

My husband attended the above service in mid December 2013. Just to say whilst the outcome turned out to be bad news in the terms of diagnosis, I would like to complement the Urology Team and CT Diagnostics Team. They had a brilliant attitude, gave a full explanation of process and tests by giving clear explanations and checking that my husband understood. The ongoing support and care from staff has been brilliant.

Well done this is a service to be very proud of. Please let your teams know how much we appreciated their kindness and care.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon

I was sorry to read that your husband and your family received some difficult news in December 2013. On behalf of the Urology and CT Diagnostics team, I would like to thank you for your words of praise. Please be assured that I will pass on your comments to both teams and I know they will be pleased that they have been able to support you both at such a challenging time.

Thank you for your posting and may I take this opportunity to offer you and your family our good wishes.