"Appalling Cardiology treatment!"

I went for a referral appointment today and I was treated extremely badly by both nurse and specialist. I was made to feel terrible and awkward because I wouldn't remove my under garments for an ECG. I have a self-image issue and I was extremely embarrassed and made to feel very uncomfortable. The nurse's attitude and bedside manner was rude and unpleasant. The nurse refused to carry out an ECG because I wouldn't take my bra off! When I went into see the specialist he took a personal call with his estate agent as he was searching for a house. Very rude indeed! I was dismissed without doing any tests and I am none the wiser why I experienced an irregular heartbeat. I left very upset and emotionally wrecked.

Response from Samuel Johnson Community Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that your experience left you feeling upset. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve our services for future patients. We would encourage you to talk to a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) by telephoning 01283 593110. This will help us to address your concerns and ensure this doesn’t happen again. Once again thank you for posting your comments.