"3rd visit with abdominal pains"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

On entering the hospital (for the third time) with unresolved abdominal pains, I wasn't hopeful to find an answer to my pain- which I didn't... again!

However I was on the day ward in East Surrey and Lola was exceptional providing a lot of love, care and support for me and allowing the journey to be manageable!

Dear Claire123

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent experience in the day surgery unit at East Surrey Hospital.

Whilst it is really good to see that you received great care and that one of our colleagues was particularly helpful and caring I think it might be helpful to you if I offered to find someone to speak to you about your diagnosis, which is clearly causing you some frustration.

If you'd like me to do this please can you e-mail ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk

Ian

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Claire123

I am so sorry that we haven't been able to get to the bottom of your pain so far. Although I am a medic and not a surgeon, if you want to let us know your details via email to Ian or myself ben.mearns@sash.nhs.uk we will endeavour to find a surgeon to make sure we're able to help.

Kindest regards

Dr Ben Mearns

Clinical Lead for Acute & Elderly Medicine

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Claire123

Thank you for contacting me and explaining your frustrations. I have passed your details to our surgical management team and they will contact you to arrange a suitable time to have a discussion about your diagnosis. I hope this will be helpful in understanding the cause of your pain. If you don't hear from them in the next couple of days or you have any other concerns please let me know.

Best wishes

Ian

Update posted by Claire123 (the patient)

That's great!

Thank you for your help!