"Referral times at Leighton hospital"

About: Leighton Hospital / Gastroenterology

After going to my gp with stomach and bowel problems, I was told that I would be referred to gastroentorolgy at Leighton. After 9 weeks I have had no referral letter and still my problems persist to ruin my daily life. After discussing with other people, they were offered to go to other hospitals and had been seen within 2 weeks of a referral being sent. I find it totally unacceptable that someone should have to wait so long just for a consultation.

Response from Leighton Hospital

I am very sorry that you have had to wait so long for your appointment to see a Gastroenterologist. I am aware that there have been some delays and the hospital is recruiting additional Gastroenterologists to cope with the demand. The hospital has also approved for additional capacity to be made available through evening clinics as a way of helping this situation and improving the experience of people using our Gastroenterology services. If you are still experiencing delays, please do not hesitate to contact the customer care team on 01270 612410 who will be happy to help you. Denise Tokely-McNicholas Service Manager.