"Care of my husband by South Western Ambulance crew"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / NHS 111

(as other),

My Husband has had a very severe cough since mid-December. He has had a chest x ray which has come back fine but his coughing has been lasting up to 2 hours or more non-stop.

Early hours of this morning he was coughing really bad and his breathing was very shallow. I rang 111 at 7am this morning they spoke to a clinician and they said they would sent an ambulance.

It was here in no time and the crew Ian & Scott were so very efficient and kind they did all the tests which were needed and found a few things wrong with my husband but nothing that the Doctor cannot put right.

So I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to those two guys for all of their help. What would we do if we had no service like The South Western Ambulance Trust?

Dear buttercup

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I hope your husband is feeling better.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass on your thanks to the staff involved in your husbands care as I am sure that they will appreciate your kind comments. In order to do this I will need a little more information regarding the date and the address that we attended. Could you please contact me, at your convenience, on 01392 453831 or email laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk.

Thank you again for sharing your, and your husbands, experience of our service.