"Car parking"

About: Wansbeck Hospital

Yet again i find myself left furious wuth your parking facilities. I had my son at an orthopaedic appointment today. I tried to attempt parking in hospital grounds for an hour and then gave in and parked in the housing estate oposite the hospital. Then having to run round to outpatients with my 3 year old son. The outcome of his apt meant him having casts put on both legs. I then had to try and carry him back to the car as you can imagine this was very hard and exhausting. When is the parking going to get sorted. This is twice in a few weeks this has been an issue and we are back again nxt week.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Mel I am so sorry that it has proved so difficult to locate a free parking space at Wansbeck Hospital. I absolutely understand how frustrating this must have felt for you and I am so sorry that you had no alternative but to park in a nearby estate and that this led to such an uncomfortable journey back to the car. We would never want any patient or their family to experience the difficulties you describe. In view of the fact that you have another orthopaedic appointment next week I would really like to ensure that you do not have a similar experience again. Please do contact me at Joanne.Mackintosh@northumbria-healthcare.nhs.uk and I will be able to explain how we can offer some practical help. I would be grateful if you could contact as early as you can in preparation for your next visit. Best Wishes Jo

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Mel,

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,