"Problems with Global Diagnostics"

About: Norwich Community Hospital

I saw the foot surgeon on November 13th and he said that he was referring me for X Rays and Ultrasound. I waited and waited but still no appointment came through. Eventually I rang the Foot Surgery office on January 8th. I was told that a fax had definitely been sent to Global Diagnostics asking for the appointments but that they would another. I then received appointments for January 17th at 10.15 and 10.45. I arrived in good time at Global Diagnostics and was seen promptly for the X Rays. I was then shown to Ultrasound for my 10.45 appointment. Without any apology I was finally called in at 11.15. When I raised this with the nurse she seemed very put out and said that she had already explained to patients that the clinic was running late. But I had been sitting in the waiting area for three quarters of an hour and nobody had explained anything to me. And nobody ever did apologise. As it happens I have recently had X Rays and Ultrasound at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for another matter. I always received my appointments there promptly, I was always seen on time and staff were unfailingly courteous and friendly. The contrast with Global Diagnostics could not be more marked.

Response from Norwich Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your experience at Global diagnostics. We are sorry that it wasn't as positive an experience, as you would have hoped for. Please be assured that I will pass your comments over to the appropiate department to address.