"Excellent care and well looked after"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

I was admitted with appendicitis on Wednesday 8th January 2014. From the moment I was admitted to the Paterson ward, the care was second to none! Of course, there was the usual wait after I'd presented at A&E, but I would expect that anywhere and at any time of day. Everyone who looked after me during was kind, caring and actually made you feel like you were being cared for. I think I was pretty un-demanding, but anything I did ask of the team was done without any issue. I was also away from home, at a meeting in London (I live in York) so that added to my own and my family's stress, but everything about my treatment was done with a calm, confident air which certainly helped. I can only thank the whole team involved in my care for doing such a great job. Whatever state the NHS may or may not be in, the staff at St. Marys were outstanding!! Thank you!

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to receive your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our A & E and surgical services at St Mary's. Your kind appreciation will be passed on. We extend our good wishes for your swift recovery.