"Recent stay in Hazelwood Ward"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My father was recently admitted as an emergency to East Surrey Hospital. He then spent a week in Hazelwood Ward where he sadly passed away. During his time there he was treated with respect and dignity right the way through to the end. He went from the A&E Unit to AMU to Hazelwood Ward and we found each department to be exceptionally clean. My family has nothing but praise for the lovely staff that we encountered who couldn't do enough for us.

Dear Jenny

I will ensure that your post is shared with them.

Very kind regards

Ian

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Jenny

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us at such a difficult time for you and your family. I will pass your lovely comments on to the teams involved and you have our deepest sympathy at this difficult time.

Kindest regards

Dr Ben Mearns

Clinical Lead for Acute & Elderly Medicine

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Jenny Many thanks for posting your comments about Hazelwwod Ward at such a difficult time. Although clearly a sad and upsetting time for you it is very good to read that you felt your father was looked after and cared for so well by our lovely staff. I will ensure that your post is shared with them. Very kind regards Ian Mackenzie Director of Information and Facilities Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust