"My mother's experience after she suffered a TIA"

About: Bedford Hospital South Wing / General surgery Luton & Dunstable Hospital / General surgery

My mother, aged 85, experienced a transient ischaemic attack (TIA) and she was taken to the A & E at Luton and Dunstable hospital where she was given a series of tests and an appointment for the Sunday morning clinic. After scans and discussions, an appointment was made with the vascular surgeon, on the Thursday who decided she needed an operation to clear an artery.

She was admitted to Bedford Hospital for the operation, a serious one for someone her age with a Pacemaker, Mr Mehta came to see her the evening before the operation to reassure her and he and his team successfully performed the operation. She was discharged three days later and has recovered well.

The whole experience was very ' joined up'. We would like to thank all those involved at both Luton and Bedford.

Response from Communications Team, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust

Hello Ms Gowton,

Thank you for the feedback about the positive experience that you and your mother had with us at Bedford Hospital. I am pleased to read that your mother had a successful operation and that she is recovering well.

I will be very happy to pass your comments on to the team including Mr Mehta and I am sure he will be happy to hear them.

Kind Regards,