"Five Star Treatment all the way."

As a one day patient this week I cannot praise all the staff - nurses, doctors and technicians etc., for their kindness during my brief stay. I was consulted all the way through by everyone and kept informed of all that was happening. The Consultant and nurses deserve a special mention for their friendliness, professionalism and all their efforts at making my stay and the procedure anxiety free the whole time. They all deserve the status encompassing a "Center of Excellence" which is richly deserved. My stay in Thames Ward was brief but I left feeling renewed and thankful to the staff of this Unit. I would certainly tell anyone due to visit how lucky we are to have such a facility. Again my thanks to all.

Response from The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.