"The care and professionalism shown ..."

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital

The care and professionalism shown by all staff. I was treated respectfully and everything possible was done to ensure my well being and a quick diagnosis. The nurses were particularly kind and supportive and I was fortunate to be under the care of an extremely kind and patient consultant. I particularly liked the fact that the doctors took time to explain my condiditon to me in detail, once they had made a diagnosis.

Better communication in the first couple of days when I was very afraid and unsure what was happening. I was admitted into A and E with a heart condition. I appreciate the doctors did not know what my problem was initially and could not give false information but I feel that some pshchological support at this stage would have helped me through those first two difficult days when I was afraid that I might die.

I feel that the treatment I received at Addenbrooke's was second to none. The dedication of the people working there was impressive and I would certainly recommend this hospital to others. I feel fortunate to live near such a good hospital with such expert care available.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

The Trust is pleased to hear that your experience was so positive and hopes you are feeling better. Your kind comments will be shared with the relevant departments.