"My treatment at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital"

About: NHS 111 Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / General medicine

Suffering from an extremely painful bout of gout, I arrived at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital's Out of Hours.

The receptionist was most courteous and made sure I had a suitable chair while I awaited my turn.

Julie, the nurse/practitioner who attended was kindness itself, asking her questions in a friendly but professional manner; she even got hold of my blood test results to reassure me.

The whole experience of the Out of Hours service (including phoning 111) was absolutely fantastic (but hope I don't have to use it again!)

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Maggie B

I am sorry that you have been suffering from such painful gout.

May I thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback and mentioning that the receptionist and nurse / practitioner provided you with high quality care.I will share your feedback with the staff involved so that they know you have recognised their committment.

I too hope that you never have to us it again, but if you do hope we always provide you with excellent care.

Sue Mellor