"A wonderful paramedic!"

About: Salisbury District Hospital

At around 11pm on 23rd December we dialled 999 as my husband was suffering severe chest pains and a paramedic arrived a short while later. The weather was terrible, blowing a gale with driving rain. He took wonderful care of my husband. He was practical and reassuring and did every test possible but was still unhappy with the diagnosis which did not seem to add up so he waited with us till the ambulance came. I want him to know that he took the right decision to send him in to A & E as it has been discovered that my husband has a serious lung condition which needed urgent attention. It was a very frightening and worrying time for us and the paramedic's practical and capable attitude and efficient decision taking was enormously appreciated. If it is possible I would like him to know that he did the right thing and we are very grateful.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you for your lovely comment and we are very pleased that your husband received such excellent care from the paramedic that attended to you and from our staff in A&E. While we do not manage the ambulance service, we will of course pass on your thanks to them so that if possible they can share this with the paramedic concerned. In the meantime, we would like to wish your husband well, so please pass on our best wishes to him.