"A & E, Childrens Area"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

I visited A & E with my daughter yesterday afternoon after being referred by the local walk-in centre, due to a injury to her ankle. We were sent to the children's A & E area which I must say is a great area for children to wait. There's lots of toys, books, a tv with children's movies on and even a jug of water and juice which the children can have. However, the treatment we received from one of the nurses was not what we expected from a professional working in a children's area. This particular nurse was rude to my daughter, didn't smile once and appeared to be in a miserable mood. When both myself and daughter tried to talk to her about the injury she talked over us, she didn't ask if she could touch the tender area therefore causing additional pain and we were basically treated like we were on a conveyer belt, there was not compassion, understanding or empathy and to be honest we couldn't wait to leave.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

The Trust is sorry to hear of your experience of A&E and your comments have been passed to the responsible managers for their information and action. If you would like to discuss this further or make a complaint then please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01908 243633 or 01908 243181 or alternatively e-mail patientexperience@mkhospital.nhs.uk or write to the main hospital address. Thank you.