"attended due to a painful eye [earlier this year ]"

About: Stratford Hospital

I attended but am unsure of the date as I have only just found this page and explained that I was an NHS worker who could not take the time off work but that my eye was itchy and very painful. I had been to the pharmacy and asked for eye drops but the pharmacist had recommended that I attend minor injuries. I was treated with a complete lack or compassion or respect and told 'we don't deal with those type of problems here' Have you got something in it? I don't think so I said 'well you need to go to A and E'. I was trying to save the NHS time and money by not being off work myself and not clogging up A and E. Instead I used a friends eye ointment and remained at work .

Response from Stratford Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. It is difficult to respond without knowing further information. Minor Injuries can treat some eye problems and we would like to understand further why we were unable to treat you this time. You are absolutely right that A&E is extremely busy over the winter and we do need patients to use alternative services if appropriate. Please send your details to communications@swft.nhs.uk so that this can be looked into.