"Administration Indiference re orthopaedic..."

About: Barnet Hospital

The saga continues. I have just received a new appointment .......to the same consultant who cancelled my last appointment two hours before the appointment was due, because he was not the appropriate specialist for my condition. You really couldn't make this up! This is becoming a farce.

Response from Barnet Hospital

I am very sorry to read that you are experiencing a poor service from our appointments team. Unfortunately the appointments staff receive instruction to appoint or cancel blocks of patients within a certain timeframe and may miss the detail that you have been cancelled before. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a department there to support with these kind of issues. Could I request that you contact the PALS team on 020 8216 4924 with your name and MRN number or date of birth so that they can support in resolving this matter for you. As an organisation we are committed from learning from specific issues and from any mistakes we may have made. Hearing about where we can do better helps us to pinpoint where exactly to make improvements to the service we provide. I do hope that you will contact PALS.