"Emergency surgery,"

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital

I would just like to say a big thank you to the nurse that picked up on my son in A and E. She saw straight away how ill he was and within 5 mins he was through A and E and with the doctor. Within a few hours was having emergency surgery. He was so ill if it had been left much longer could have been fatal. The care was faultless. Just wish we had her name to thank her. As the queue was out the door she picked him out of many people waiting. I was waiting for him for over four and a half hours and the staff in ward C8 were great. Especially the male nurse that kept me awake with coffee. As my son went down for surgery at 3.30am. It all went nice and smooth. Although when they took his appendix out (which had burst) They found part of his bowel behind the appendix had ruptured to a double whammy. Thank you to the surgeon that noticed this. Because of the quick action of both nurses and surgeons my son is making a full recovery. I can not thank you enough. I could have lost the most precious person in my life. Im really grateful to you all. Thank you.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

Thank you for such a wonderfully worded posting, which was clearly from the heart. I will make sure that all of the clinical teams you have mentioned get to see your posting and of course we wish you and your son all the very best for his recovery.