"Caring service from Leeds General Infirmary paramedics and A&E"

About: Leeds General Infirmary / Accident and emergency Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust

My wife is a stroke victim of ten years ago and had what I thought was a heart attack. 999 was called and the ambulance arrived within two to three minutes. Tests were carried out with speed and sympathy and it was decided to take her to Leeds General Infirmary A&E department. From the time of arrival at 13:00 to the time of departure at 17:00, numerous tests and examinations were carried out. These all proved that things were normal and what was thought to be a heart attack was in fact a stress attack. Thank goodness!

The whole operation was carried out with efficiency and speed and was, in my opinion, a very excellent service done by caring, kind people.

Response from Heather Simpson

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I am pleased to hear of the excellent service your wife received and that Leeds PCT is commissioning services of a high standard. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team responsible for her care.