"Mersea Ward fantastic nurseing"

About: Colchester General Hospital

The nursing care i received during my 9 day stay on Mersea ward was 2nd to none. Physio made me feel safe. Staff Nurses and the other nurses were very perfesional and caring. I was helped to wash every day, (unlike when i stayed in Broomfield). I was very worried and in a lot of discomfort, they gave me every thing i needed to get well from medication to listening to my worries support and explaining every step of my treatment. I would also like to mention that the care given by the doctor and the recovery staff was fantastic. I felt in very save hands and reasured even though just 3 months before my stay i had suffered anaphylaxis shock on the opperating table and were it not for the same doctor i would not be here now. My consultant has been wonderfull and kept me inform throughout my care. My only complaint would be the food which was poor. Having told the serving lady i was gluten free she offered my wheatabix. these things happen daily. Please train these staff in special diets....

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive. I've passed your comments on about the gluten-free "Weetabix" to the relevant staff for a response.