"Great work and compassion by Vascular Surgeons and..."

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

My 96 year old father was being treated by the district nurse for pressure sores. She suspected PAD and called in a Tissue Viability Nurse to check. Both thought that the matter was urgent and the TV Nurse rang through to the Vascular Clinic. An appointment as made for the following day, Friday! The Vascular Clinic staff gave Dad scans and then asked us to wait to speak to the doctor. I was not hopeful as recent publicity on publishing death rates made me feel that no-one would operate on Dad. How wrong was I! They decided to keep Dad in over the weekend and would do an angioplasty on the Monday. True to their word they performed an angioplasty on both legs and dad was discharged the following day, Tuesday. His leg swellings have gone down; his feet are healing and he is free from pain. I am extremely grateful to all the staff involved, Dad was treated with compassion and good humour. He thought that the surgical team were extremely kind and considerate despite the fact that he couldn't keep still.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Thank you for leaving feedback of your experience of the Royal Blackburn Hospital. I am pleased that the service you received was at the high standard that we strive to deliver for all our patients, and I’ll ensure that your kind words are relayed back to the relevant departments and staff.