"Calling the hospital for info on an elderly..."

I called the main reception today to find out about an elderly patient.. The phone was answered by a very rude receptionist..No manners what so ever! I was always taught to say please and thank you..Her's had clearly had been left at home....How very rude! I was left waiting while a phone number was found, then past to Oakwood. They had no idea who I was asking about an said he'd not been at the hosital.. A neighbour has already been to visit at the above hospital! But still they say they do not have this patient on their ward have no such patient with his name staying at the hospital.... I was told to ring the RBH and ask them where he is?! I wanted to send a get well card and find out about visiting times,but what is the point when no-one knows or could help... It is not good enough!

Response from Prospect Park Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you feel you were dealt with in a rude manner when you called reception at Prospect Park Hospital. This is unacceptable. It is very important that all our staff greet everyone in a courteous, helpful way at all times. The reception manager has been informed and will take action on this. The nurse consultant for the hospital Sue McLaughlin would like to discuss your experience further with you if you feel able? Please contact her on 01189605241. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.