"Hip replacement"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I have just returned home after having a hip replacement at the QEQM and may I say the treatment I received exceptional! From my consultation to coming home could not be faulted, and in my particular case a few problems occurred! Joint School was very good and then pre-assessment showed I had very high blood pressure, I was given guidance over this and I even received phone calls at home. Then day of operation blood pressure still high but the staff in admissions treated me so well allowing the operation to go ahead, thank goodness! When I was in recovery my temperature dropped low but once again the care and attention got me onto Quex Ward. The staff on Quex were very caring and I can honestly say, I,ve been to a Private Hospital on NHS but it would take an awful lot to beat QEQM in all aspects! Selection of food was good and the nursing side excellent. Thank you QEQM ad Quex Ward!

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to leave this feedback. We are always very pleased and very proud when our staff provide such good care. I will ensure that they receive this feedback. I do hope you are continuing to recover well. Sally.