"I am now very close to feeling 100% again"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Locala MSK muscles, joints & bones

After requesting a referral to this service (physiotherapy) I didn't have to wait too long for my first appointment. The staff were friendly and informative throughout my treatment, and identified my problem quickly.

I was involved at every step, in every decision, and my treatment progressed well despite my problems having been long-standing.

By the end of my treatment, I felt a lot better than I had in ages, and I felt the advice for continued self treatment was good. I am now very close to feeling 100% again.

Before being discharged, my physiotherapist and I agreed that no further information from the service was required or likely to be beneficial. I felt I was in control of my care, and was able to progress at a comfortable pace. Very good service.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to hire more professionals, as I sometimes had to wait a couple of weeks for an appointment that should have been only a week away ideally. But the current staff are doing very good, especially those who treated me.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you reader983 for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. It is great to hear you are feeling close to 100% especially as you say it had been a long standing problem.

Also it’s great to hear that our staff are working with their patients every step of the way, decisions are jointly made, resulting as you say in a really good experience.

I have passed your comment about staffing to our operational manager, we appreciate such honest feedback and will endeavour to address this as soon as we can.

Louise Thornton