"Staff just need to listen more"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Today, we visited The Willows to gather feedback about the services & facilities they receive on the ward.

This is the feedback we received from a service user

"Sometimes I feel like staff don't care about about my opinion because they never listen. You are the only person that has ever asked me about my care. Staff just need to listen more. "

Response from Amy Gaskin-Williams, Service User and Carer Involvement and Experience Manager, Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thanks for sharing this comment on behalf of a service user at The Willows.

This is just an initial response to say that all comments have been shared with the senior management team that oversee Highbury Hospital (including The Willows), and that they or a responsible service manager should reply explaining how they intend to use the feedback to improve people's experiences while at Highbury.

Many thanks for helping to gather people's comments,

Response from John Maguire, Ward Manager, The Willows, Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust

Thank you for your feedback although I am personally disappointed and sorry that your experience has been one of not being listened to or cared for,I will raise this feedback in several staff forums including our reflective practise group and individual supervision as I see this as a very basic failure and for that I apologise