"Brilliant!"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I was in The WH on 28th November 2013 (last week) for a somewhat complicated femur alignment and hip replacement and I have to say that I was very impressed indeed. My consultant has done the most amazing job in what were fairly challenging circumstances and I shall be forever in his debt. The physiotherapists, nursing and auxiliary staff on my ward, Kings C2, too couldn't have treated me with more respect, kindness and good humour - always essential, in my opinion. I had originally wanted the operation at Benenden Hospital but the Consultant preferred to use the WH team - they sure didn't disappoint. Sheer bliss to have legs not only level but now pointing in the same direction; also, the post op swelling/bruising has been short lived and, despite taking very few painkillers, I can honestly say, I have had no pain, just an ache. Thank you to you all and best wishes for the future! Dorothy Bird.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mrs Bird,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us great feedback about your experiences when you had your hip replacement at William Harvey Hospital. We are very proud of our staff who treated you with respect, kindness and good humour. I know the staff will really appreciate your feedback. I hope you continue to recover and that you are mobilising well now after your surgery.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

Dear Ms Bird Thank you so much for your wonderful comments we are very pleased to hear that you are on the mend and appreciate that you have taken the time to post your comments which will be fed back to the staff on the unit. All staff find such positive feedback motivates them at what can be difficult situations and we are very grateful for your comments.