"Early hours a&e visit"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I visited in the early hours of a Monday morning, with a suspected broken foot. I was hopeful when I arrived that the wait wouldn't be too long as there were only 3 or 4 people in the waiting area. At reception, there was a sign indicating an approx wait time of 2 1/2 hours. In the end I waited nearly 3. My gripe is the awful waiting area. It was uncomfortable and physically impossible to elevate my foot and it was too painful to rest on the ground, so I spent nearly 3 hours holding my broken foot up off the ground in mid air. I also saw 2 women crying in pain and the were clearly distressed at being in such uncomfortable chairs. When I was eventually seen, the care was good, but I wouldn't return here unless I had no choice.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Trust. I'm sorry that you felt the waiting area was unsatisfactory, however I'm pleased to hear that the care you received was good, I will ensure your comments are shared with the A&E staff.