"Many things could have been better"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Well some of the nurses/HCA I met seem like they want to be there, only some of them though. Yes I understand it's tiring work but at least they could do was smile.

Many things could have been better - the attitude of some of the nurses and HCAs I met, the time they took to come and treat me, the communication between all the staff as it gets very confusing being told different things by staff.

My care was ok but that's because it seemed that I or my parents did most of it

Thank you for feeding back to us and I am sorry that you had a mixed experience. Please do email me if you would like to talk with me about the details of your experience. I would like to be able to feedback to the staff involved with you care so that they can understand how this made you feel about the care you received. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We are sorry to hear of your experiences whilst you were in our care. Your comments will be recorded onto our database and reported to the divisional executive team in our monthly report. We hope that we can reassure you that we do learn and improve services as a direct result of feedback and are grateful for you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. If you can let us know the ward you were on we can speak to the ward manager/matron who will in turn be able to speak to the staff generally about attitude and communication. you can contact the patient experience team on ekht-tr.patientexperienceteam@nhs.net or 01227 783145.

Update posted by Babyburnsie (the patient)

The medical care was good as I understand its difficult to treat everyone effectively.

But as I'm young (but an adult) I found it a little bit frightening on an adult ward and when I told the nurse I was scared by other patient all that was said was there's nothing she can do about it. So the emotional care was what was lacking mainly.