"Surgery success"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

I would like to express my sincere thanks to the consultants for performing my hysterectomy 31 October 2013. After an abandoned hysterectomy in 1999, resulting in a nasty infection and a pulmonary embolism, other consultants in Bassetlaw and Sheffield Hallamshire have been reluctant to offer me surgery. My condition worsened over the years until life had become unbearable rather than uncomfortable. These consultants have been my saviours, they carried out a total abdominal hysterectomy, with no complications. I had a large ovarian cyst, large fibroids and and enlarged uterus. There is no way I can thank them enough, they have given me my life back. I also extend my thanks to all the staff on Ward G5 for their excellent care during my stay in DRI.

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary

We're really delighted to hear that and thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment. We aim to provide this quality of care to all our patients and it means a lot to the staff when patients let us know they've done a good job, so we have forwarded your comments to them. Hopefully you are now making an excellent recovery and we wish you all the best.