"Didn't receive appointment letter until after appointment"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / General medicine Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

1. Health care, GP and Consultant (G. Solt) care all excellent.

2. I waited a while for my appointment notification. To the point where I made contact to see if I'd missed a call.

3. I left my mobile phone contact number at TRAQS for the best way to contact me and was assured I would be called on that number. I was contacted on my landline and fortuitously I was in the house. They did not have the mobile number! !

4. I received the letter with the details of RHS entrance, consultant and clinic the day after my referral - that was poor. Not sure whether above letter is from TRAQS - possibly the NHS?

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Dear Dozer35 Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that the care you received from the hospital was excellent, but disappointed to hear your frustrations in the administration system - which may have been at the hospital or in the TRAQS service run by local GPs. There is clearly some room for improvement, and by sharing your experiences you will help us to make these improvements.

Response from Chloe Jones, TRAQS Patient Advisor, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that your referral was not arranged as efficiently as you had hoped. Upon receiving the referral from your GP, TRAQS will aim to contact you within five working days to arrange your appointment. We apologise for not contacting you on your mobile number. When the booking team contact a patient they will always try all numbers available to them on our system.

After booking your appointment, TRAQS will send a confirmation letter to clarify the date/time of your appointment which we hope that you received. The letter that you have descrbed would have been from the hospital and we apologise on their behalf that you did not receive this in time for your appointment.

TRAQS appreciates your feedback and your comments will be passed onto the team.

Many thanks